Following the retirement of our Musical Director in October 2020, we would like to appoint a knowledgeable, enthusiastic musician with experience of choral directing to the post. We offer a fee for each rehearsal and each concert undertaken.
Swindon Choral Society is a long-standing amateur choir of about 90 singers. We put on four concerts a year in and around Swindon, with a variety of programmes (details can be found on our website). We rehearse on Thursday evenings and currently have 10 - 12 rehearsals for each concert. From time to time we also sing at or promote other events, for example Come and Sing days associated with our concert programme. We also organise occasional tours and recordings.
Applications should be sent to our chair, Christopher Rogers by the 31st March 2020. Please include a brief statement of why you are interested, and a CV.
- To propose varied and good quality choral repertoire for the agreement of the Society’s management committee.
- Deliver concert programmes to the highest standard achievable in the allotted schedule.
- Conduct rehearsals so as to make them both enjoyable and informative for the choir.
- Arrange for substitutes if unable to conduct rehearsals or concerts.
- To attend meetings of the management committee to assist them in managing the Society’s affairs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of a wide range of choral repertoire.
- Contacts in the world of music enabling the Society to engage soloists, instrumentalists and orchestras as needed for its concerts.
- Willingness to share some rehearsal and conducting with other suitably capable musicians.
- Willingness to include other organisations in our concert programmes from time to time, such as local schools or bands.